[Xy-pic] font error

Carmen Artino cartino at nycap.rr.com
Mon Dec 5 14:53:26 CET 2011

Sirs,

I want to use xy-pic with the commercial version of TeX, PCTeX v6. I have read your install instructions and have placed all files in the suggested directories. However, when I attempt to test the program, I get the following error message:

(c:/PCTeXv6/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/xy.sty
(c:/PCTeXv6/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/xy.tex Bootstrap'ing: catcodes, docmode,
(c:/PCTeXv6/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/xyrecat.tex)
(c:/PCTeXv6/texmf/tex/generic/xypic/xyidioms.tex)

 Xy-pic version 3.8.6 <2011/05/27>
 Copyright (c) 1991-2011 by Kristoffer H. Rose <krisrose at tug.org>
 Xy-pic is free software: see the User's Guide for details.

! Font \xydashfont has only 7 fontdimen parameters.         <--------
<recently read> \xydashfont

l.197 ...box\zerodotbox@=\hbox{\dimen@=.5\xydashw@

It appears to be a fatal error since typesetting terminates at that point. Not being much of a "TeXpert", I do not know how to correct this problem. If you would give me some guidance here, it will be much appreciated since I need to include several commutative diagrams in my article.

I am using PCTeXv6 on Windows XP machine. I am also using the amsart document class and the mtpro2 font set.

Thanks in advance for any help you provide.

Regards,

Carmen Artino
cartino at nycap.rr.com