[Xy-pic] Angled lines and Postscript

Bryan Eastin beastin at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 23:32:26 CEST 2011

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I am trying to get this to work with an automated system that compiles
to both PDF and PS (and over which I have no control), so I'm not able
to manually twiddle things or to change the workflow for producing PS
files.

Currently, my solution is to use the ifpdf package to automatically
insert or remove a block of \xyoption commands depending on whether a
PDF or PS file is being produced.  This worries me for two reasons:
First, I had to pick which PS drivers to load, and I'm not sure how
widely these (as opposed to other choices) should be expected to work.
 Second, using the additional drivers seems to really mess up the DVI
files.

I was hoping to avoid using extra drivers entirely.  Given that the
arc extension works without them, it seemed like not an unreasonable
hope.

Thank you for your time,
Bryan