[Xy-pic] axis with ticks

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Thu Oct 15 22:26:54 CEST 2009

Hello Pol,

On 16/10/2009, at 3:14 AM, Pol wrote:

> I would like to draw an X axis with labels above (or below) ticks
> I have succeeded in drawing the axis with point-like ticks with
> regular
> step:
>
> \xymatrix{\ar@{-}[rr] & . & .\ar@{>}[rrrr] & . & . & . & X}

\xymatrix is a rather clumsy way to do this kind of thing.
It is easier with  \xygraph  or directly in Xy-pic primitives.

> Yet  i cannot add labels. Is that possible?

Definitely.

> Morover, i would like to add ticks at non regular positions. How to
> change
> spacing between columns?

You should read the following articles, which discuss how to do
this kind of thing, and much much more.

   http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb18-3/tb56moore.pdf
   http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb20-3/tb64ross.pdf
   http://www.tug.org/TUGboat/Articles/tb22-4/tb72perlax.pdf

If you cannot access these directly, then become a member of TUG.
That will grant you access to all TUGboat articles online.

> Thank you
>
> --P

Hope this helps,

	Ross