[Xy-pic] Arrow size

Gerree Pecht gerree at Math.Princeton.EDU
Wed May 30 14:40:57 CEST 2007

I too would like to get to work with xy-pic.

I've been typesetting papers/books in TeX-AMSTeX-LaTeX for
many, many years ... I currently use XFig to draw pics ...
it's a crude way to draw but it works with lots of trial
and error plus the converting from XFig to LaTeX and then
exporting it to the file(s) ...

I would like the line-by-line (and samples) on how to
go about getting beautiful pics using the software package xy-Pic

I would appreciate receiving any type of easy instructions regarding
this software package.

Thanks!

Gerree
On Sun, 27 May 2007, arijit dey wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> I am a new user of xy-pic. I heard from my friends
> that xypic is a very good package to draw picture in
> Latex and I want to learn it.
> My first question is how do u control arrow xize
> (locally) in commutative diagram of long exact
> sequences?
> Whats a good place to learn different aspects of pic?
> Regards,
> Arijit

Gerree P. Pecht
Princeton University Mathematics Department
(609) 258-3011