[Xy-pic] Fw: xypic and dvipdf

ishanu chattopadhyay ixc128 at psu.edu
Tue Jan 24 05:35:28 CET 2006

> > (in my case, actually the whole xy picture gets totally screwed up
> > if i use dvipdf directly)
>
>   ... as it would, since the PostScript \special commands were
> not designed to work with PDF.
>
> However, if you aren't using a back-end, but just font characters,
> then I don't know what would be going wrong.
> Would you post an example please?
> --- include both the coding and the output, and also the .log file.
>

> 	Ross Moore

 The example .tex file can be found at

www.personal.psu.edu/ixc128/dvi2ps2pdf/xytest4post.tex

The log file is at :

www.personal.psu.edu/ixc128/dvi2ps2pdf/xytest4post.log

The .dvi file and the .ps files are:

www.personal.psu.edu/ixc128/dvi2ps2pdf/xytest4post.dvi

www.personal.psu.edu/ixc128/dvi2ps2pdf/xytest4post.ps

Compare the pdf outputs of DVI-->PDF and DVI-->PS-->PDF in:

www.personal.psu.edu/ixc128/dvi2ps2pdf/usingDVI2PDF.pdf
and
www.personal.psu.edu/ixc128/dvi2ps2pdf/usingDVI2ps2pdf.pdf

sorry for the links....but that seemed to be the most convenient
approach

(ps. A note to Dr Moore....see now I can draw COLORED crvs :-)   )

ishanu