[Xy-pic] Fw: xypic and dvipdf

Kristoffer H Rose krisrose at us.ibm.com
Mon Jan 23 21:37:42 CET 2006

Dear everybody,

Does someone have current experience with dvipdf to help Johan?

Cheers,
  Kristoffer
__                      <krisrose at us.ibm.com> +1(914)784-7642 (fax 6324)
Kristoffer H Rose, Ph.D. <http://www.research.ibm.com/people/k/krisrose>
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, PO Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

----- Forwarded by Kristoffer H Rose/Watson/IBM on 01/23/2006 03:37 PM
-----

Johan Glimming <glimming at kth.se>
01/23/2006 03:04 PM

Kristoffer H Rose/Watson/IBM at IBMUS
cc

Subject
xypic and dvipdf

Dear Kristoffer,

I am using (still) your excellent XyPic package, but I have a problem
getting things to work with dvipdf. I am using LaTeX 2e and generate
pdf with dvipdf, but the frames around xygraph objects does not show,
e.g.

   \[
     \xymatrix{
     *+[F-,]\txt{$1$\\$0$} \ar[r] & \txt{$2$\\$+$} \ar[r] & \txt{$3$\\
$\times$}
     }
   \]

does not give what I want it (no frames from *+[F-,] that is). I am
actually trying to draw a singly linked or doubly linked list, with
the nodes split up in two boxes like this

    ________
    |      |
    |------|   ---->
    |      |  <-----  etc  and then maybe a terminator     ---|
    --------                                                  |
                                                            -----
                                                             ---
                                                              -

The reason for drawing this is in ASCII is that I thought that
perhaps someone else has already attempted
to visualise such linked lists or even UML-like boxes like the one
above.

Best Wishes,
Johan Glimming
PhD student Stockholm University, working on coalgebra and also a
little bit of rewriting (but not so much)