[Xy-pic] Re: simple question? uniform space between objects in xymatrix

Roger Hart rhart at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 26 20:48:13 CEST 2005

Again, forgive the intrusion, but in case other relative beginners to
xymatrix might encounter this problem, after more fiddling, it turns
out the problem of uniform spacing was indeed simple to solve.

\xymatrix at 1@=0mm at M=0mm at R=2mm at C=2mm{
}

works very well, though perhaps there may be even better ways.

In any case, somehow I had been mistakenly including, in all the
combinations I tried, @*[u], for example,

\xymatrix at 1@=0mm at M=0mm at R=2mm at C=4mm@*[u]{
}

thinking that this would align the tops of the entries. Apparently this
produced the behavior that was, to me at least, so unpredictable.

Roger