[Xy-pic] Re: Package xypic

Kristoffer H Rose krisrose at us.ibm.com
Fri Dec 30 16:59:11 CET 2005

Dear Jean-Gabriel,

All document sources are in the source distribution
(http://tug.org/applications/Xy-pic/soft/xy37src.tar.gz).  The User's
Guide is in xyguide.man.  The reference manual is generated by the
xyrefer.man file using "literal documentation" in the various *.doc source
files.  Both use LaTeX but be warned that I was deeply into inventing my
own macro notations at the time...especially the *.doc format might be a
bit daunting.

You should be aware that there are already French Xy-pic guides "around"
such as the nice http://zoonek2.free.fr/UNIX/11_xypic/ (even if it lacks
links).

Also, there are known issues with the Xy-pic use of special "active"
characters and some French language packages, see for example
http://www.tug.org/pipermail/xy-pic/2005-April/000295.html.

Finally, the real place to ask questions about Xy-pic is The List,
http://tug.org/mailman/listinfo/xy-pic, especially as I can find little
time to work on TeX and Xy-pic these days.

Enjoy,
  Kristoffer

__                      <krisrose at us.ibm.com> +1(914)784-7642 (fax 6324)
Kristoffer H Rose, Ph.D. <http://www.research.ibm.com/people/k/krisrose>
IBM T. J. Watson Research Center, PO Box 704, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598

Jean-gabriel Cau <jgabriel.cau at gmail.com>
12/30/2005 05:50 AM

kris at diku.dk, krisrose at tug.org, ross at ics.mq.edu.au
cc

Subject
Package xypic

Hello ! It's been a while since I send you an e-mail asking if you could
send me the .tex file of the xypic user's guide and xypic reference manual
in order to translate them in french (excuse for my poor english, I do my
best...).
I want to translate those files beacause I think it will help me to find
my mistakes in several construction diagram for my lecture on the
following purpose : Graph theory.
Thanks for your answer.

Jean-Gabriel CAU (french (La)TeX fan)