[Xy-pic] Centering labels over arrows automatically

Drop Box dropbox314 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 3 20:45:47 CET 2005

Hi!  I'm having problems with arrow labels being uncentered over the arrows
due to large object labels.  The standard solution is to add the -
character: \ar[r]^-{label}.

Is there a command I can issue that will make this the default alignment
behavior so I don't have to put the - character each time?  If not, can I
modify the source code somewhere to make this happen?

This may seem like a trivial issue, being a matter of one character, but
it's quite serious for what I'm trying to do.  I'm using xypic inside of
LyX, and LyX makes it very painful to insert the - between the ^{.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

-Bob