[Xy-pic] Re: Color in xypic with pdflatex? (Modified by Ross Moore)

Mail Delivery Subsystem MAILER-DAEMON at sunb.ocs.mq.edu.au
Sat Sep 18 02:22:35 CEST 2004

Hello Jesse,

On 16/09/2004, at 8:43 PM, Jesse F. Hughes wrote:

> Hey ho.
>
> I appreciate the quick help you provided with my last issue.  Maybe
> you could answer a quick question.
>
> The xy color extension depends on the driver we use, right?
Yes.

>   But I'd
> like to use pdflatex rather than latex with one of my files.  Is it
> possible to use that and still have color in my xy diagrams?

Yes it is.

Do you have the partial PDF driver files, from:
   http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/WARM/
equivalently
   http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/xypic/xypdf.tar.gz .

Another way is to use the  ps4pdf  package, which allows you to
automate the process of doing the diagrams first with a PS backend,
creating PDF images to be imported into the pdf-LaTeX document.

> Thanks.

Hope this helps.

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114