[Xy-pic] loop in xy-pic (continued)

Ross Moore ross@ics.mq.edu.au
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 09:48:07 +1000 (EST)

>  Thanks to  J_rgen Koslowski, I realised that the problem is that I am trying
> to use XY-pick with foils
>
>  \documentclass[]{foils}
>
> in this case, the diagram looks fine without loop, and does not accept loops
> like
>
>  \ar@(r,d)[]^{b}
>
>  So the question is: is there a simple way to combine {foils} and {xy}?? Otherwise
> is there a simple way to write overhead transparencies using XY-pick??

Is there a clash in macro-names ?

Or is the problem that curves eat up too much memory ?
In that case there are 2 solutions:

 1.  use a PostScript back-end.
     \usepackage[dvips,ps,all,line,rotate]{xy}
     and use the [thicker] modifier, or change the default thickness
     for lines, (or use a scale factor when you create diagrams)

 2.  use pdfLaTeX, with a very small paper-size.
     Show your slides as PDFs with Acrobat Reader, in Full-Screen mode
     or otherwise scaled to fit.

See:   http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/CalTeX3/examples/Pappus.pdf
for an example of this latter technique.

> Thanks in advance for any help on this question.

Hope this helps,

	Ross Moore