[XeTeX] xetex crash: interaction between interchar and linebreaklocale mechanisms

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 16:24:54 CEST 2023

ne 10. 9. 2023 v 15:21 odesílatel Javier Bezos <jbezos.lists at gmail.com> napsal:

> > According to documentation it seems to me that ucharclasses work only
> > with XeLaTeX.
>
> But with babel and lualatex you can switch the font depending
> on the script, even with RTL ones, which, if things haven’t
> changed, isn’t possible with ucharclasses. See the examples
> in p. 44 of the babel manual.

I can do the same with polyglossia both with xelatex and lualatex but
imagine that I am writing a document in Hindi and from time to time it
contains a single word in English, Russian, Urdu, Gujarati and it may
be loaded from another file. I just do not want to write \textenglish,
\textrussian, \texturdu, \textgujarati. With RTL inside LTR
ucharclasses works for single words, with two or more words it will be
wrong.

> Javier

Zdeněk Wagner
https://www.zdenek-wagner.eu/