[XeTeX] Tonos v. oxia

Philip Taylor (Hellenic Institute) P.Taylor at Hellenic-Institute.Uk
Sun Nov 13 11:44:36 CET 2022

On 13/11/2022 10:34, Ulrike Fischer wrote:
> It is the font. With arial I get two different glyphs.
Facinating — so do I (see below).  Thank you Ulrike — much appreciated.
>   And in the lua-file of pala.ttf one can find the glyphs in the duplicates
> table:
>
>   ["duplicates"]={
>        [974]={
>      [8061]=true,
>     },
> }
>
> (but luaotfload normalizes by default and outputs always 03CE also
> for arial anyway)

OK, not familiar with lua font files, so the above is not immediately
meaningful to me, but the very fact that it is font-dependent is of
itself very useful information.

\font \greekfont = "Palatino Linotype"
\font \greekfont = "Arial Unicode MS"
\greekfont
U+1F7D : GREEK SMALL LETTER OMEGA WITH OXIA — ώ \par
U+03CE : GREEK SMALL LETTER OMEGA WITH TONOS — ώ \par
\end

--
/Philip Taylor/