[XeTeX] Off topic (interesting) question

Eric Streit eric at yojik.eu
Sat Aug 20 18:38:55 CEST 2022

Hi,

an interesting conference about the 'French orthographe" and how it was
defined (and, no, this was not logical at all).

The conference is in French, but with subtitles, I hope you can understand.

Orthograph was used to separate the "vulgus pecus" from the "educated
people". It was never meant to be accessible to everyone.

And it's why, you have the "f" sound, for example for "une photographie"
written with "ph" and not "f" like in many other latin languages.

Best regards

I had fun listening to this conference.

Eric