[XeTeX] Off topic (interesting) question

Jens Bakker jbakker at jbakker.de
Sat Aug 20 11:47:29 CEST 2022

May be, this is a misunderstanding by some teachers who do pronounce it „istory“ or a joke by some students, in English this word is pronounced with an „h“, and therefore it seems to be impossible to write it without an „h“ but to pronounce it with an „h“ at the beginning of the word, according to the customs of English orthography.

Best wishes,
Jens Bakker