[XeTeX] Follow-up to previous mail about hyphenation

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 12:30:58 CET 2021

On 25/03/2021 11:24, Yannis Haralambous wrote:
> Well if the text width is 0pt it will only break once, no?

Normally, I'd expect a break at every opportunity if the width is 0pt.

In plain (xe)tex,

   \hsize 0pt
   \noindent \hskip 0pt supercalifragilisticexpialidocious \par

gives me essentially one syllable per line.

But in the Arabic-script Amiri example this doesn't work for me. I
suspect this is a bug in xetex.