[XeTeX] xetex, pstricks, dvipdfmx-unsafe.cfg

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Fri Mar 19 00:07:09 CET 2021

> On 18 Mar 2021, at 23:40, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:
>
> To be sure I tried xdvipdfmx -vvv, the output is at the end of this message: there's a lot of font-related info, but no indication pstricks.pro is read at any time.

Some complementary information to my earlier message: compiling, still with tlpretest on the Mac but following the classical latex + dvips + gs route, it appears pstricks.pro is included inside the output (TransparencyTest.ps) of dvips. So no need for gs to read it from texmf-dist/dvips/pstricks/pstricks.pro.

I don't know whether xelatex + xdvipdfmx work the same way that latex + dvips + gs do in this respect, but if so this might explain why -dNOSAFER is not required in the gs invocation.

Still, that wouldn't explain why the situation is different on Windows.

Bruno Voisin