[XeTeX] xelatex not connecting letters in awami nastaliq font

Kamal Abdali kabdali at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:55:24 CET 2021

Thank you Lorna and Jonathan for solving the problem.

Jonathan, I almost always need fontspec options like
[Script=Arabic,Scale=xx,WordSpace=yy] because different nastaliq fonts seem
to have very different letter sizes and word spacing behaviors. Moreover,
for some reason the Noto Nastaliq Urdu font doesn't connect letters if the
Script=Arabic option is omitted.

Kamal Abdali