[XeTeX] how to suppress doted circle next to a glyph

Michael Maxwell mmaxwell at umd.edu
Fri Sep 25 23:17:44 CEST 2020

In my experience, a dotted circle is an indication that there's a
non-base character which needs a base character before it, but there's
no suitable base character.  If you type a Unicode Combining Acute
Accent (U+0301), but there's no base character (like a vowel) preceding
it, you'll get such a dotted circle.

If I'm not mistaken, U+1133E is the Grantha Vowel Sign Aa.  Maybe it
needs a consonant to its left?

--
     Mike Maxwell
     "I may not remember, but I never forget."