[XeTeX] using character variants as RawFeature

Janusz S. Bień jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl
Sun May 17 07:35:07 CEST 2020

On Sat, May 16 2020 at 20:05 +02, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

[...]

> You need a +, or alternatively use the fontspec key:
>
> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \setmainfont{JuniusX-Regular.ttf}[]

FYI: I had to skip the ttf extension, otherwise the font was not found
(it is in .local/share/fonts)

> \begin{document}
> \Huge
>
> ^^^^00f8
> \addfontfeature{RawFeature={+cv16=1}}
> ^^^^00f8
> \addfontfeature{CharacterVariant={16:2}}
> ^^^^00f8

Thank you very much!

The documentation of fontspec (section 3.1.2 on character variants) was
completely confusing for me because the notions of 'glyph number' was
not explained. I think actually this is a misnomer, perhaps 'feature
number' or something like this would be better.

Best regards

Janusz

--
             ,