[XeTeX] using character variants as RawFeature

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat May 16 20:05:16 CEST 2020

Am Sat, 16 May 2020 17:46:49 +0200 schrieb Janusz S. Bień:

> Hi!
>
> I try to test the character variants introduced a few days ago to
> JuniusX as the result of the following issue:
>
> https://github.com/psb1558/Junicode-New/issues/3
>
> Here is my last test:

> \documentclass{article}
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \begin{document}
> \fontspec[Path=../fonts/,RawFeature={cv16=4}]{JuniusX-Regular.ttf}
> \end{document}
>
> I get the default variant of the letter and the log contains
>
> "Unknown feature `cv16=4' in font."
>
> What is wrong?

You need a +, or alternatively use the fontspec key:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\setmainfont{JuniusX-Regular.ttf}[]
\begin{document}
\Huge

^^^^00f8
\addfontfeature{RawFeature={+cv16=1}}
^^^^00f8
\addfontfeature{CharacterVariant={16:2}}
^^^^00f8

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is
essential is invisible to the eye.

\end{document}

--
Ulrike Fischer