[XeTeX] asterisk in font name - font error

Lorna Evans lorna_evans at sil.org
Mon Dec 14 17:37:07 CET 2020

It may be a font installation issue if you are on Windows. Windows made
a change awhile back where the default place to install is to a user
folder.

On my system it is: C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts

If the fonts are in there, delete them.

Then reinstall the fonts "for all users" and it will go into
C:\Windows\Fonts. This has taken care of my issues with fonts in XeTeX.

Lorna