[XeTeX] asterisk in font name - font error

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 2 18:22:21 CET 2020

>When I try to compile a pdf using Jost* as main font (
>\setmainfont[]{Jost*}), I get the following error:
>
>  kpathsea:make_tex: Invalid filename
>  `JostJost*/OT:script=latn;language=dflt;', contains '*'
>
>  ! Package fontspec Error: The font "JostJost*" cannot be found.

When I use the command \setsansfont{Jost*} I get exactly the sme error,
however, in the following sample file I have used an alternative syntax
and this works just fine.

\documentclass[a4paper]{article}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\begin{document}
\setmainfont{Minion Pro}
\setsansfont{Jost-500-Medium.otf}[
Mapping=tex-text,Scale=MatchLowercase,
BoldFont = Jost-700-Bold.otf ,
ItalicFont = Jost-500-MediumItalic.otf,
BoldItalicFont  = Jost-700-BoldItalic.otf]

\LARGE
\sffamily this is an example \textit{italics}, \textbf{bold},
and \textbf{\textit{bold italics}}.

\end{document}

Hope this helps.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece

[2] Select to donate zero dollars in order to download the free
version.