[XeTeX] Discretionary line-breaks in Tamil

Suki Venkat suki.venkat at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 21:02:08 CEST 2019

Hi,

I went hacking at in the load-hyph-ta.tex file (adding the yellow bits):

    % Set \lccode for ZWSP, ZWNJ and ZWJ.
    \lccode"200B="200B
    \lccode"200C="200C
    \lccode"200D="200D
    \input hyph-ta.texmktexfmt xelatex

Then went on to hack the hyph-ta.tex file and did "mktexfmt xelatex"
to produce nice results using XeLaTeX.
It turned out the uni200B was not defined in the font, although uni200C and
uni200D were defined.
Then managed define uni200B in fontforge and it does seem to produce the
same result even if the uni200B (ZWSP or DLB) is defined in the font or not.

Suki