[XeTeX] Discretionary line-breaks in Tamil

Yannis Haralambous yannis1962 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 12:26:37 CEST 2019

> that discretionary. Better solution would be to redefine \hyphenchar
> of the font as an invisible character with a sero width. I am not sure

Beware that the glyph must exist in the font, you cannot just use an arbitrary
unoccupied glyph position in the font. If the position does not exist, there will be
no hyphenation at all in your document. For example, the command

\hyphenchar\font=-1

(asking for the glyph at position -1, which does not exit)

is a very good way for stopping hyphenation.

So you must find a font that has an invisible zero-width glyph, or open the font
and add that glyph.

 <http://www.imt-atlantique.fr/>	Yannis HARALAMBOUS
Professor
Computer Science Department
UMR CNRS 6285 Lab-STICC
 <http://perso.telecom-bretagne.eu/yannisharalambous/> <https://twitter.com/y_haralambous> <https://www.linkedin.com/in/yannis-haralambous-5529073?trk=hp-identity-name>Technopôle Brest-Iroise CS 83818
29238 Brest Cedex 3, France
Une école de l'IMT <http://www.imt.fr/>
The history of linguistics is largely a history of misreadings,
of failed communication between authors and readers,
exacerbated by the illusion that communication has successfully occurred.     (John E. Joseph)