[XeTeX] FYI: \includegraphics and *.bb files

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue May 14 23:12:19 CEST 2019

I have never used *.bb files. I use regularly png, jpg, pdf in both
pdflatex and xelatex and they just work. If I want to scale an image,
I use width/height/scale parameter in \includegraphics. I am not sure
whether png contains information on resolution. What I know for sure
is that PDF/X (for printing) does not allow RGB and does not allow
transparent images (alpha). If the document was printed, they had to
convert the images to either grayscale or to CMYK (for colour
printing) and remove transparency. It might have changed metadata of
the images.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz