MikTeX fails to find a font installed in Windows 10 (for XeLaTeX)

John Was johnoxuk at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 09:26:33 CET 2019

Hello

You might be able to create an artificial thin version of the font by using
a negative value in the embolden option when setting up the font.  I get
artificial bold small caps (on the rare occasion I need them) in Monotype
Imprint with:

\font\uimpbfive =
"ImprintMTPro-Regular:+lnum:+smcp:embolden=4:mapping=tex-text:letterspace=-0.2"
at 5pt

But :embolden=-1 should (I think) create a slimmer version of the font,
:embolden=-2 even slimmer, etc.

(That's plain XeTeX of course.)

Best wishes

John