Google Disk (was: XeLaTeX to Word/OpenOffice - the state of the art?)

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Sat Mar 16 07:59:00 CET 2019

Hi Janusz,

On 16/03/2019, at 17:51, "Janusz S. Bień" <jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl<mailto:jsbien at mimuw.edu.pl>> wrote:

Sorry for the previous male sent by mistake (the shortcuts in Gnus are
sometimes confusing...)

On Fri, Mar 15 2019 at 13:34 +01, BPJ wrote:
> Den 2019-03-15 kl. 08:31, skrev Janusz S. Bień:
>> On Fri, Mar 15 2019 at 7:19 +01, BPJ wrote:
>>> I use, despite myself, Google Docs to convert PDF to DOCX,

For me the quality is similar to Acrobat 9, i.e. completely not
acceptable: spaces between words are often missing.

This is inherent in the way TeX was written.
But there are ways to tackle the issue.

You should use the  pdfx  package and prepare for  PDF/A-2b or -2u.
This fixes many of these things that affect conversions, as well as Accessibility and Archivability.

It's not fully tagged PDF, but handles many other technical issues.

Best regards

Janusz

--
,