[XeTeX] how to customize sorting order of characters in index

Kamal Abdali k.abdali at acm.org
Mon May 14 02:17:38 CEST 2018

Zdeněk,

Thanks for responding promptly and offering to help.

The Urdu letters, in their sorting order, are as follows:

آ ا ب پ ت ٹ ث ج چ ح خ د ڈ ذ ر ڑ ز ژ س ش

ص ض ط ظ ع غ ف ق ک گ ل م ن ں و ہ ھ ء ی ے

As you mentioned the following letters never start a word:

ھ ء ے

And   ں   occurs only at the end of a word. (Urdu is working hard to create
more challenges for its learners -:) ). But all the letters need to be
included in the sorting order.

​hanks in advance,

Kamal Abdali
​