[XeTeX] which TeX-based software

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Tue May 1 17:40:52 CEST 2018

> r.ermers at hccnet.nl wrote:
>
> One other advantage is that Context works with xml quite smoothly, once
> you know how to set it up.
>
> So can plain XeTeX -- please see http://hellenic-institute.uk/
> research/lpl/Greek-MSS/Catalogue/Eutypon/e31-a02.pdf (first published in *Τὸ
> Εὔτυπον <http://www.eutypon.gr/eutypon/>).*
> Philip Taylor
>

> Yes, but you need a lot of macros. In addition, XML from Excel is really
simple, you are sure tnat the values of attributes are always enclosed by
quotes, never by apostrophes. I have an example how to parse XML in encTeX.
And I will never try to do it with a real-life XML of high complexity. On
the contrary, ConTeXt has an XML parser in its kernel.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz