[XeTeX] which TeX-based software

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 1 09:08:28 CEST 2018

On 1 May 2018 at 08:57, Philip Taylor (RHUoL) wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>>

>> It is of course completely free and opensources, no licences (that is
>> also true for nearly all TeX anyway).
>>
> No licence ?  It will never get into TeX Live then :-)

What I meant was no licencing fees of course :)
Still not sure if that's the correct expression.

That said, ConTeXt did in fact have some difficulties in the past,
like having all the documentation and some fonts removed from TeX Live
since they were not considered free enough. (Documentation used
commercial fonts and its sources were not available because the author
did not want to end up with weirdly typeset copies of documentation
floating around.)

Mojca