[XeTeX] hyphenation cancelled through footnote

hanneder at staff.uni-marburg.de hanneder at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 3 17:53:48 CET 2018

Thanks for the workaround!
I checked with other parts of my edition and there are still erratic
problems. In the
example below the first paragraph works, but the second does not.

My installation is recent:
> This is XeTeX, Version 3.14159265-2.6-0.99998 (TeX Live 2017/Arch Linux)

JH

\documentclass[11pt]{memoir}
\usepackage[series={A,B},noend,noeledsec,nofamiliar,noledgroup]{reledmac}
\Xarrangement[A]{paragraph}
%\newcommand{\varc}[2]{\edtext{}{\lemma{#1}\Afootnote{\sanskritfont{#2}}}}
\newcommand{\varc}[2]{\nobreak\hskip 0pt
\edtext{}{\lemma{#1}\Afootnote{\sanskritfont{#2}}}\hskip 0pt \relax}

\usepackage{polyglossia,fontspec,xunicode}
  \setdefaultlanguage{english} \setotherlanguage{sanskrit}
  \setmainfont{EB Garamond}
\newfontfamily\sanskritfont[Script=Devanagari,Mapping=RomDev,Scale=1.36,LetterSpace=1.35]{Sanskrit2003}

\begin{document}
\begin{sanskrit}
   \beginnumbering
   \pstart kvāpi ca svātmanaivātmani

nikhilajalapatibhāvamāropyocitavividhasattva\varc{sattva}{sattve}gaṇavinayananayatayā
vikhyātaviṣadayaśovattvākṛśataravibhūtiviśeṣaḥ/
\pend

\pstart
śrīmacchrīsvasvatantrānāśritanirbhāgaparamaprakāśavimarśamayapāramaiśvaryānubhāvānubhāvuka\varc{ānubhāvānubhāvuka}{ānubhavānubhāvaka}prathitamahitanijasahajaparamānandādvayasattāsāmānyaspanda uditoditaparamaśaktisāmrājyo rājarājeśvaro jayasi
paramaśivastvamayam//\varc{tvamayam}{tvamaya}
\pend

\endnumbering
\end{sanskrit}
\end{document}