[XeTeX] Devanagari ASCII to Unicode mapping

Daniel Greenhoe dgreenhoe at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 11:31:07 CET 2018

Many many thanks to everyone who took the time to help me out with the
Devanagari ASCII to unicode problem (including one very helpful
off-list email). And many many many apologies for my very late reply
(I started a new job earlier this week).

I think the conclusion is that I was going about the problem the wrong
way---that there is no one-to-one mapping between the Devanagari ASCII
font and unicode font. Rather, it is many-to-one.

The SIL resources were very helpful. They have a teckit map there for
Preeti to unicode (as indicated by Lorna). I have not actually tried
it yet; but there is a good chance that it will work or will work with
small modification.

Many many thanks to all,
Dan