[XeTeX] Fake italics for some characters only

BPJ bpj at melroch.se
Wed Dec 5 11:41:57 CET 2018

@Zdenek, the point is that other characters inside `\textit` should be real
italics. I at least have tried it using a macro around the "culprit"
characters and I think it looks better than fake italics throughout, which
looks really bad (shades of low-budget publications from the early
eighties! :-). Anyway I'm working on a solution in my head which I'll try
when I get back to my desktop. I think I'll try to use a boolean which I
set/unset at the start/end of my "`\mytextit` and a single macro for the
active characters which checks this boolean. I have no idea yet if it will
work, but it seems the semantically cleanest way to do it to my mind.

/bpj