[XeTeX] index not showing up as an entry in the table of contents

Vafa Khalighi vk489 at uowmail.edu.au
Wed Apr 25 16:55:52 CEST 2018

The comment about bidi is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone

On 26 Apr 2018, at 12:51 am, Kamal Abdali <k.abdali at acm.org<mailto:k.abdali at acm.org>> wrote:

Thanks, Zdeněk. I found the problem and a solution for it discussed here:
https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/263696/polyglossias-setotherlanguage-blocks-imakeindexs-indexprologue. The solution did work for me.

Briefly, the problem is attributed to bidi's restoring the book definition of the theindex environment for no apparent reason. The solution is to insert the following lines between the \usepackage{imakeindex} and \makeindex[intoc] lines:

% nullify bidi redefinition

% this should go after polyglossia and imakeidx have been loaded

\let\imakeidxtheindex\theindex

\let\imakeidxendtheindex\endtheindex

\AtBeginDocument{%

\let\theindex\imakeidxtheindex