[XeTeX] Could Adobe Photoshop's "blending options" for text be supported in a future {Pdf|Xe}TeX variant

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 09:25:10 CEST 2018

Hi all,

about a week ago I mentioned my article in Czech mentioning the rendering
modes. I showed how to do it via \special and \pdfliteral. Embossing may be
acheved by storing the text in an \hbox and \copy'ing it several times at
slightly shifted positions with different colours and redering modes. Petr
Olšák wrote another article (in Czech) about primitive graphics again via
\pdfliteral and \special. You can do quite a lot using these tricks and TeX
macros. Of course, I would not use it for complex graphics but simple
effects are easy to achieve and no further support in pdftex and xdvipdfmx
is needed.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz