[XeTeX] Newbie's XeTeX questions

maxwell maxwell at umiacs.umd.edu
Wed Nov 29 17:21:38 CET 2017

On 2017-11-29 10:45, Elof Ng wrote:
> How do you know how many fonts do you have in your system when you are
> editing the XeTeX? Just open the font directory?

Under Linux, run fc-list (which you might need to install, at least I
did under Ubuntu).  You might need to edit the /etc/fonts/local.conf to
add additional directories where fonts live, which fc-list wouldn't
otherwise find.

> Do I have to use the font filename on the XeTeX editing?

The fontspec documentation explains, but normally no.  It's sufficient
to use the name, like 'Charis SIL'.  You can get the "official" name
from fc-list.

    Mike Maxwell
    University of Maryland