[XeTeX] ".ttf" automatically added to font names

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri May 12 16:59:55 CEST 2017

Am Fri, 12 May 2017 16:32:10 +0200 schrieb Dirk Hünniger:

> look at the error message closely. It talks about

>> cmunrm.ttf.ttf

I saw this. But it comes from the UprightFont option. So I'm asking
again: why don't you drop it? Fontspec obviously don't expect that
the value of this key has an extension.

> So its a bug.

Perhaps. \setmainfont[UprightFont=arial.ttf]{arial.ttf} worked in
TL15 but not in TL16. But as I don't see the reason for this setting
I don't know if it a bug or if simply some unsupported side-effect
no longer works. But you should better ask this in the issue tracker
of fontspec: https://github.com/wspr/fontspec/issues

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/