[XeTeX] [INDOLOGY] {भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} Re: Issues with Sanskrit 2003 font

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 10:04:53 CEST 2017

Hi all,

as far as I know the Devanagari fonts are either Sanskrit with all
conjuncts that cannot be switched off or Hindi without the Sanskrit
conjuncts. The only exception is FreeSerif which takes the Devanagari block
from the Velthuis Devanagari and models the two modes from the "good old"
Velthuis Devanagari, namely @sanskrit and @modernhindi. It was my
suggestion implemented by Steve White. In all other Devanagari fonts
language switching has no effect because there is nothing to switch, the
language variants are not defined. I do not know how to do it, Steve White
knows. I just specified the desired result and Steve did it. It would be
nice if other font designerse learned from his work.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz