[XeTeX] XeTeX/xdvipdfmx: PDF text copying with double encoded fonts

Jiang Jiang gzjjgod at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 06:26:13 CEST 2017

Hi,

There has been a report

https://github.com/CTeX-org/ctex-kit/issues/286

(in Chinese)

in summary, fonts such as Source Han Sans/Serif encoded U+5B50 and
U+2F74 using the same glyph so that our reverse ToUnicode CMap
building seems to prefer U+2F74 which is not the expected result.
(U+2F74 is KANGXI RADICAL while U+5B50 is a real Chinese character.)

I suggested trying \XeTeXgenerateactualtext=1 but the comment below
suggested it didn’t work.

Problem is that on macOS I cannot reproduce it with either Preview or
Adobe Reader, with \XeTeXgenerateactualtext=1 or not.

Anyone interested in reproducing it?

- Jiang