[XeTeX] why does Latin Modern Mono have some stretch and shrink with XeTeX ?

Will Robertson will at wspr.io
Wed Jan 25 03:36:14 CET 2017

Hi all,

I'm not able to check this minute, but I wonder if lmmono is being "special-cases" by luaotfload -- would explain the results you're seeing.

In fontspec if you load it with \setmonofont the stretch and shrink should be forced to zero, but I can agree it would be good to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers
Will
(Sent from phone; please excuse brevity.)