[XeTeX] Italic and font spec 2.5c vs 2.4a

Gildas Hamel gweltaz at ucsc.edu
Tue Jan 24 07:32:00 CET 2017

* Skriv a reas Gildas Hamel (gweltaz at ucsc.edu):
  |>  I just updated fontspec from 2.5a to 2.5c via TeX Live Utility. I cannot get italic face to work. I had to revert to 2.5a. Do others see the same thing?
  |>  —Gildas
  |>
  |>   Minimum example:
  |>
  |>  %!TEX TS-program = xelatex
  |>  %!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
  |>
  |>  \documentclass[12pt]{article}
  |>  \usepackage{fontspec}
  |>  \begin{document}
  |>  \emph{Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet}, consectetaur adipisicing elit...
  |>  \end{document}

Comment on my own post: I just realized I'm using \emph instead of \textit. The latter works. Do I have to change all my \emph code in my files?

A related problem is that I often use Markdown + Pandoc to generate short pdfs. But emphasis in Markdown (signalled by asterisks or underscores) seems to translate as \emph and not \textit and doesn't show as italic face in resulting pdfs when using fontspec 2.5c.

Any help and info appreciated,
--Gildas