[XeTeX] Mixed Roman and Indian alphabets for Sanskrit

Dominik Wujastyk wujastyk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 19 22:10:38 CET 2017

You say "Devanagari is even more difficult," Zdenek, but isn't it equally
difficult?  The use of variants of Devanagari for writing several languages
is parallel to the use of variants of the Roman script for setting
different languages from Europe and elsewhere (Vietnamese, Konkani, etc.).

Are there any cases where specifying Language and Script, e.g.,
\somemacro[Language=A,Script=B]{somefont}, is not adequate?  I can't think
of one.

Best,
Dominik

​
--
Professor Dominik Wujastyk <http://ualberta.academia.edu/DominikWujastyk>
​,​

Singhmar Chair in Classical Indian Society and Polity
​,​

Department of History and Classics <http://historyandclassics.ualberta.ca/>
​,​
University of Alberta, Canada