[XeTeX] Polyglossia error(s) for Marathi language

RD Holkar rohit.d.holkar at gmail.com
Wed Apr 19 13:05:44 CEST 2017

Dear all,

For the attached tex file, when I set ``marathi'' as the default language
in polyglossia, and compile the file, it gives me following error and
warning, respectively:

1.
LaTeX error: "kernel/key-choice-unknown"
!
! Key 'fontspec/Script' accepts only a fixed set of choices.
!
! See the LaTeX3 documentation for further information.
!
! For immediate help type H <return>.

2.

l.2 \select at language {marathi}

)

LaTeX Font Warning: Some font shapes were not available, defaults
substituted.

 )
(see the transcript file for additional information)
Output written on Marathi.pdf (1 page).
Transcript written on Marathi.log.

However, a PDF output is produced.
Furthermore, if I change the default language from marathi (and keep the
rest untouched) to either Sanskrit of Hindi in the same file, then the
error and the warning vanish. I have observed this phenomenon on OSX and
different flavours of linux.

Marathi, Hindi and Sanskrit use the Devanagari script; hence, I think that
such a simple file should not produce any error or warning.

Your help will be very valuable! Thank you in advance!

With best regards,
-Rohit Dilip Holkar.