[XeTeX] sizefeature in newfontfamily

Melroch melroch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 17:52:11 CEST 2017

Doesn't it depend on how those notes are displayed, e.g. inline,
interlinear, margin note, footnote etc.? François didn't  say whether they
are in their own paragraphs or not.

Den 14 apr 2017 12:29 skrev "Ulrike Fischer" <news3 at nililand.de>:

Am Fri, 14 Apr 2017 11:06:22 +0200 schrieb François Patte:

> The font size is ok for my notes, but the interlineage is too big if
> notes are on two lines. Is there a feature in SizeFeatures description
> to adapt the interlineage to the chosen font size?

Not really. The baselineskip is a property of the paragraph, what
matters is its value at the end of the paragraph, so it doesn't make
much sense to change it along with a font as you don't know if the
font will still be active when the paragraph ends.

You could define a high-level font command that changes
\baselinestretch, but imho it would be better to add this to your
special command:

\documentclass[]{article}

\begin{document}
\newcommand\mynotes{\parbox{5cm}{\renewcommand\baselinestretch{1.5}\
selectfont
abc\\abc\\abc}}

abc\\abc\\abc

\mynotes