[XeTeX] Hyphenation of strings of more than 63 characters

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sat Mar 19 21:48:57 CET 2016

Peter Mukunda Pasedach wrote:

> That would be fmtutil --all? Yes I ran that. Maybe something wrong
> with my test file?

Ah, there I can't help, I am afraid; it is written in LaTeX, a language
with which I have near-zero familiarity.  Is it possible for you to test
in a plain e-TeX environment, maybe something along the lines of the
following ?

\uselanguage {sanskrit}

\font \mainfont = "Latin Modern Roman"
\mainfont
\XeTeXhyphenatablelength = 1023

kāryatvasyopādānopakaraṇasaṃpradānaprayojanajñakartṛmātravyāptatve

prītiparamāṇumūrtyādhāraparatvāparatvānumeyasāmānyasamavāyāntyaviśeṣatadekārthasamavetaparimāṇaikatvapṛthaktvagurutvasnehāpārthivarūparasasparśāpyadravatvāmūrtasaṃyogataditaretarābhāvānutpattirūpārūpam

vijñānādhārādhīnavacchinnātmobhayavādyavivādāspadapuruṣapūrvakavyatireki

\end

Philip Taylor