[XeTeX] [texworks] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 13:56:09 CET 2016

It depends how efficiently the script is designed. I have a perl script
that calculates the MD5 sum of the aux file before running (Xe)LaTex (if it
does not exist, it is first created) and  after and then compares the
result. If the difer, it means that (Xe)LaTeX must be run again. If the
document uses \include, all aux files are traversed. Error status is
checked so that a document is not recompiled it there is a fatal error. The
script itself requires a fraction of a second. MD5 requires certainly more
that just looking for existence of overful boxes. If you run such a script
thousand times a day, you probably lose one or two seconds. Is such a tiny
time so important?

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz