[XeTeX] Overfull boxes return status of 0 in XeTeX

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Sun Mar 13 10:36:05 CET 2016

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca wrote:

> TeXworks is free to read the log file, just like everybody else has
> to to detect things like undefined references.

Agreed, but at the moment it does not, unless the status code is
non-zero.  I believe that the suggested command-line switch (which would
not change the default behaviour) would be beneficial not only to users
of TeXworks (which is a utility installed by default by TeX Live) but to
anyone/thing else who/that needs to determine automatically whether
something unexpected has occurred during a XeTeX compilation.

** Phil.