[XeTeX] is \XeTeXgenerateactualtext included in texlive 2016?

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:19:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have tried with TL 2016 in Linux (Fedora 23) on x86_64. I tried to
search for किताब and tried to copy दिलचस्प in addition. The test was
done on a book in Hindi which I am just writing. Search works properly
in Adobe Reader 9 and okular. Selection is very strange in AR, it
visually select just the first syllable of a word but in fact the
whole word is selected. In okular a rectangular area is selected and
although just a part of a word seems to be selected, in fact the whole
word is selected. Thus the selection is always funny and it it not
clear what is selected. Anyway, the pasted text is correct. Save as
text from AR creates garbage, Export as plain text from okular works,
pdftotext (from xpdf or poppler) works too.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz