[XeTeX] Σχετ: Plain XeTeX, pdftitle, pdfinfo

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Tue Jul 12 01:05:02 CEST 2016

Hi Phil,

On Jul 12, 2016, at 7:55 AM, Philip Taylor <P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk<mailto:P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk>> wrote:

one can zoom in to examine specific parts. The text is fully mapped
to Unicode, for easy searching and Copy/Paste.
What did surprise me is that hyperlinks are not active in the online version; one has to copy them and paste them into a browser, which is somewhat counter-intuitive.

Jumping to conclusions again?  :-)

They are indeed fully active.
But maybe your PDF browser is being paranoid about security.
Internal links are fine.
On first trying an external link, this is what I get:  (see image)
[cid:5DCF9AA7-8D20-4572-8CDB-6DF3E9D27EA3]

Maybe your PDF browser is doing something similar,
or responding to an internal security setting; e.g.
something like:
   Allow always / Show dialog / Block always.

or Enhanced Security as in the next image:

[cid:148AFF93-023D-4CB2-BA93-4E9B124D82B1]

I think that you have assumed that it will do what *you* want it
to do, without having read the supplied documentation.
That is always a recipe for disappointment.
Sorry, your assumption concerning my assumption is quite correct, but my assumption was based on your earlier message.

The package, once installed, comes with two example documents:

   sample.tex
   small2e-pdfx.tex

If you have the most recent TeXLive 2016 installed,
you can find them this way:
I have only TeX Live 2014 (I always lag one or two releases) but "TeXdoc pdfx" displays the expected document so I may well have them; I will check tomorrow.

Sounds good.

Check that it is for v.1.5.8 with 81 pages incl. source listing in pdfx.pdf .
The version number is at bottom right, in the footer.

The one for  v.1.5.6 looks similar at the front, but the docs are much shorter.
(Only 12 pages w/o source listing.)
Earlier versions have a different color scheme.

Many thanks for your help, Ross; I shall continue tomorrow.

BTW, if you are going to work with PDFs into the future,
invest in the latest Acrobat Pro DC.
I don’t know how much it costs for non-academic in the UK,
but it’ll be the best 100–200 pounds you have ever spent,
in terms of the time that it will save you.

** Phil.
--
<Signature.jpg>
Philip Taylor

Cheers,

Ross

Dr Ross Moore

Mathematics Dept | Level 2, S2.638 AHH
Macquarie University, NSW 2109, Australia

T: +61 2 9850 8955  |  F: +61 2 9850 8114<tel:%2B61%202%209850%209695>
M:+61 407 288 255<tel:%2B61%20409%20125%20670>  |  E: ross.moore at mq.edu.au<mailto:rick.minter at mq.edu.au>

http://www.maths.mq.edu.au<http://mq.edu.au/>

[cid:image001.png at 01D030BE.D37A46F0]<http://mq.edu.au/>

CRICOS Provider Number 00002J. Think before you print.
Please consider the environment before printing this email.<http://mq.edu.au/>

This message is intended for the addressee named and may
contain confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient, please delete it and notify the sender. Views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, and are not
necessarily the views of Macquarie University.<http://mq.edu.au/>